It is widely acknowledged that tourism contributes to economic growth in all of the world’s economies. By leveraging their potential for tourism, several nations have completely changed their economies. Many benefits, both direct and indirect, would result from tourism promotion for the populace. Large-scale employment and additional revenue streams for both skilled and unskilled members of the general public can be produced by tourism. The way that traditional travel is perceived has evolved. Agro-Tourism is one of the newly emerging tourism niches.
A significant issue that farmers face is their extremely low income, one of many that they face as significant stakeholders in the agriculture system. Farmers earn seasonal income instead of a monthly salary, which is insufficient to cover their essential expenses. Numerous factors impact farmers’ earnings. Some are covered in the section below. The climate is changing on a global scale. Farmers are also impacted by climate change. The output of crops is reduced as a result of severe weather. Sometimes there is little rain, and other times there is a lot of it, which destroys crops that are ready to be harvested. Crops are susceptible to disease.
Fields of crops are destroyed by these plant/crop diseases. Farmers are losing their livelihoods due in part to government policies. Farmers were unable to adequately spray their fields due to the increased use of fertilizers and pesticides, which led to a significant loss of crop yield. Agricultural systems rely heavily on farmers, yet sometimes unfair market conditions affect them. Farmer rates are extremely low, while some middlemen make significantly more than the farmers themselves. A farmer’s ability to make enough money to cover their basic expenses through the upcoming seasons is not assured, nor is their income guaranteed.
Therefore, farmers require income in addition to their regular income in order to meet their basic needs. Due to the fact that about half of farmers do not have enough land, our idea of contemporary agri-tourism farms can assist farmers in creating their own farm, which will increase their financial stability. There will be an admission charge that guests must pay. The target audience comprises farmers, the departments of agriculture and tourism, schools, colleges, and universities, as well as families. Visits to these model farms can be arranged by families and educational institutions. Visitors can learn about farming practices, crop stages, crop types, and seeding procedures in this model form. No preservatives are needed when eating fresh fruits from trees. In a natural setting, guests can savor regional cuisine served in a traditional manner. Watch some local singers perform.
Among the tourism industries that leverages rural culture as a draw for visitors is agro-tourism. All it is agriculture through tourism, or rather, tourism through agriculture commercialization. It is comparable to ecotourism with the exception that a cultural landscape rather than the natural one is its main draw. Agro-tourism is a novel agricultural pursuit that combines tourism and agriculture. It has the potential to greatly increase farmers’ employment opportunities and sources of income. Regional development can be aided by agro-tourism. Agro-biodiversity must have been valued and deserving of protection by the rural populace itself, as it also contributes to diversity conservation.
Some types of rural tourism exist that are not strictly related to agro-tourism, such as project tourism, adventure tourism, historical tourism, cultural tourism, ethno-tourism, and health tourism. In general, “agro-tourism” and “agro-ecotourism” are interchangeable.
Among the tourism industries that leverages rural culture as a draw for visitors is agro-tourism. All it is agriculture through tourism, or rather, tourism through agriculture commercialization. Bangladesh has great potential for the development of agro-tourism.
Most people agree that agro-tourism is a cutting-edge form of agriculture that combines travel and farming. It has the huge potential to give many stakeholders access to new revenue streams and job opportunities. Agro-tourism aids in the preservation of diversity and can support regional development.
Currently, the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is used to determine the significance of agriculture. Thus, the primary analytical tool for policy considerations is foreign exchange earnings. Policy recommendations might be substantially different if the analysis’s primary focus were to shift to farm income as a gauge of agriculture’s economic contribution. Then, the focus would be on the farm’s earning potential and the farm family’s purchasing power, taking into account health and nutrition.
A strategy like this would highlight the real economic impact of agriculture and encourage policies that genuinely integrate the different industries. The rural areas would see an increase in production and productivity, bringing much-needed capital back into these communities.
By providing the utilities such as water, electricity, and health care necessary to utilize the resources of rural communities, an asset-based approach to community empowerment would significantly lessen the enduring issue of the urban-rural divide. There might be a nearly equal distribution of people in rural and urban areas due to the higher standard of living that is typically associated with urban living.
Destinations for agro-tourism or agro-fields suggestions
- Initially, guests should be greeted with warmth. The field of agro-tourism is also subject to the “first impression” principle.
- Attempt to maintain the fields, equipment, and premises in optimal condition. Customers or visitors will be happy if they are in good condition, and the reputation will be enhanced.
- Visitors should be given a comfortable and private atmosphere, with a preference for privacy.
- To guarantee their safety, equipment, etc., should undergo periodic proper maintenance. Goodwill will eventually increase as a result of this.
- Promote the use of all the amenities offered by the field or tourism centre to guests and tourists. It ought to go along with appropriate instructions for using facilities, equipment, etc. Sometimes it leads to improved relations with customers.
- Make sure there are adequate security measures in place for tourist destinations. Should the facilities be secured, patrons or guests will be eager to at least give them a try. For instance, life jackets, etc., when sailing.
- Contacting insurance companies is recommended if you’re interested in purchasing tourism-related insurance products. For tourism centers, it undoubtedly creates a feeling of relaxation. Fields, machinery, resources, buildings, lives, etc. should all be covered by such an insurance policy.
- For better customer service and the health of visitors, tourism organizers or centers must steer clear of dangerous machinery, procedures, facilities, etc. Using pesticides and poisons, for instance. We must, at all costs, promote and put into practice organic farming and related practices. Occasionally, it will cost money in the beginning, but ultimately, profits will be realized. One useful tool for guidance will be a projected life cycle cost benefit analysis.
- In agro-tourism centers, emphasize plastic-free travel. These days, governments and organizations spend enormous sums of money recycling their plastic waste. With visitors’ and other stakeholders’ cooperation, agro-tourism organizers can maintain a plastic-free facility from the start. The opportunities that present themselves as challenges to agro-tourism centers must be investigated. It is therefore advised that they be alert in spotting them and making them into the most lucrative endeavors.
- When it comes to greeting guests, make the necessary seasonal arrangements. The arrangements for each season may vary from the others. Thus, prepare for the arrangements and take the necessary steps to put the decision about them into action, including making financial arrangements.
- Agro-tourism destinations would be better off adhering to government regulations regarding tourism on a voluntary basis than by using coercion. The agro-tourism center’s reputation will eventually rise as a result of this process.
- Tourism centers are primarily responsible for verifying the identities of visitors to agro-fields. In addition, the law requires it to guarantee the nation’s security, particularly its economy. Transform the agro-tourism destination into a marketplace where people can buy goods and receive a range of services. It covers informational services, local tourism expertise, etc.
- Provide jobs that are essential to the agro-tourism centers’ efficient operation. For the tourism destinations’ reputation, it is imperative.
- To ensure local support for the venture, preference may be given to locals when filling employment vacancies necessary for the efficient operation of agro-tourism centers. The optimization of reputation will occur from the availability of workers, employees, or helpers on short notice via phone call.
Recommendations for Guests or Travelers
- It is advised that guests take the necessary initiative to ensure their own safety. This safety pertains to using tools, procedures, and participating in events and festivities related to agro-tourism.
- In order to develop a comprehensive view of the field, tourists visiting agro-tourism destinations should make an effort to explore and enjoy the area more by making use of all the resources available to them.
- The goal of creating a business environment for visitors to the firm is to be acquainted with its policies and practices. Using an adventurous spirit can be highly valued in order to make the agro-tourism experience unforgettable.
- Since that “God’s own country” is never immune to natural or man-made disasters, it is imperative that guests be prepared for these events.
Recommendations to other interested parties, such as society
- To get social support for agro-tourism, the public needs to be educated and made aware of agro-tourism.
- The general public, or members of society, ought to understand that agro-tourism promotes social welfare.
- Support the plastic one excellent thing the community can do to support agro-tourism is to offer free travel. Agro-tourism initiatives can only achieve enormous success with the assistance of all stakeholders.
Proposals to the Government
- As much as possible, make sure that all parties involved are properly safe. Safety, both mental and physical, is usually involved. The enjoyment of agro-tourism destinations will increase if the stakeholders are freed from the typical safety concern.
- Enough actions must be performed to encourage innovation in the agro-tourism industry. Visitors are undoubtedly drawn to agro-tourism fields that offer innovative techniques, methods, or programs.
- Celebrate agricultural achievements in tourist hotspots or visually appealing locations that are accessible to tourists and other interested parties. A major component in drawing in the stakeholders will be celebrations. Along with other potential partners, the government must make sure that there is adequate transportation for the guests. Routes that are not entirely clear can occasionally be a hindrance to the growth of tourism overall and agro-tourism specifically for developing country.
- Upkeep of an information system is required as a government project. Included in it should be all the necessary and pertinent details about agro-tourism destinations, routes, amenities, costs, etc. A system like this would not only benefit the tourists but also lessen the government’s burden. The government will use its authority to regulate the costs of goods and services provided in agro-tourism locations to safeguard the interests of tourists, who are vital to the success of any tourism endeavor. It also adds a constraint on exploitation.
- In order to improve the state’s educational system, agro-tourism courses must be added while studying agriculture. Updates must be made to the curriculum in this regard. These could be sorted and used with existing expert groups.
- To promote agricultural and agro-tourism, farm visits by academics and students with their instructors should be promoted. The industry visits carried out by reputable educational institutions must be compared to farm visits. Ascertain that the tourism industry generates the greatest number of jobs, particularly in agro-tourism areas. A state staff selection authority consultation is required before filling any vacancies. At that point, the general public can only regard white-collar jobs related to agriculture as being on par with government jobs.
- Encourage travel destinations to join the plastic-free campaign. All forms of government and their apparatuses ought to view it as a challenge. In the end, it might lead to some degree of green tourism.
- Adequate steps need to be done to overcome disasters. Basic requirements, life-saving gear, first aid kits, transportation, etc. should all be part of these precautions.
#agrotourism #farmstay #farmtourism #agritourism #sustainabletourism #ecotourism #ruraltourism #slowtravel #experiencetravel #getoutside #agritravel #agrotraveler #wanderlust #adventure #naturelover #foodie #travelgram #instagood #instaphoto #travelphotography
If you have any questions, thoughts, or suggestions, please contact us or join our social media networks.
Feel free to comment:
Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Join our LinkedIn group
Join our Facebook group